Sunrise parent/student resources - Sunrise River School - North Branch Area Public Schools

Academic supports

Sunrise River Elementary school focuses on meeting each student at their instructional level and do what it takes to not only get the necessary results, but also instill the love of learning in each student.  

Title 1 Program
Title I is a federal program which provides funds to supplement educational services in schools with higher percentages of students receiving Free or Reduced Price Lunch assistance. The purpose of the program is to ensure that students in these schools have access to a high quality education.

Non-Public Schools and Title I
Eligible students in non-public schools in District 138 boundaries are also eligible for Title I services from the district. Students in three non-public schools are currently eligible to receive services from a District 138 Title I teacher.

Non-public schools eligible to receive Title I services:
St. John's Academy

Parents' Right to Know
No Child Left Behind (NCLB) requires school districts to notify parents of all children attending Title I schools that they have the right to request and receive timely information on the professional qualifications of their student's classroom teachers. District 138 has high standards for all of its instructional staff and only employs those who meet or exceed NCLB's Highly Qualified requirements.

If your child is enrolled at Sunrise River and you require information about the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher, we will respond in a timely manner with the following:
  • Whether or not the teacher has met Minnesota's licensing requirements for the grade levels and core academic subjects he or she teaches;
  • Whether or not the teacher is teaching under a variance status;
(You can review these first two pieces of public information at

Follow the links to Teacher Support : Educator Licensing : View an Individual Educator's License.) The education level and subject area of the teacher's college degree major, and any graduate degree or certificate held; Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications. How do I request information about the qualifications of my child's teacher? Call Principal Lori Zimmerman at 651-674-1105 and leave your name and your student's name, your phone number, school and grade, and the name of the teacher about whom you are requesting this information. We will provide this information to you in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, in a language you can understand. This information will be mailed to your address of record.

Additional Information
In addition, the district or your child's school will always provide you with: Information on your child's level of achievement on state academic assessments as it becomes available; Timely notice that the child has been assigned to, or been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who is not highly qualified.

Back   Back